The things you ordered most from Amazon in during the holiday season
31 Dec 2017
Amazon enjoyed a record-setting holiday season as shoppers flocked to the online-retail giant for their shopping needs.
In one week alone, more than four million people started Amazon Prime free trials or paid memberships, according to a news release.
More than one billion items were ordered from small businesses and entrepreneurs worldwide over the holiday season. From Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday, nearly 140 million items were ordered from small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Here are some facts about Amazon’s performance over the holiday period:
- Amazon customers purchased enough WowWee Fingerlings Interactive Baby Monkey toys on Amazon.com to hang end-to-end down the Empire State Building more than 100 times
- Amazon customers purchased enough TVs to create nearly 2,500 towers the size of the Space Needle.
- Amazon customers purchased enough shoes on Amazon.com during the holiday season that, if they were lined up end-to-end, they would stretch from Alaska to Miami.
- Amazon.com customers purchased enough Instant Pot pressure cookers this holiday to make more than nine million bowls of chili at once.
Here were Amazon’s bestsellers over the holidays:
- The best-selling kitchen item in the U.S. and worldwide was the Instant Pot DUO80.
- The best-selling toy and game item in the U.S. was the Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster. The best-selling toy and game item worldwide was What Do You Meme? Adult Party Game.
- Robot vacuums were among the best-selling home items.
- The most purchased series over the holidays was “The Walking Dead.”
Source: Penn Live