Amazon’s 2019 Black Friday deals: Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, and more
12 Nov 2019
Amazon doesn’t release a Black Friday ad in the traditional sense. Instead, intel about its highly anticipated Black Friday deals generally comes in the form of press releases and “sneak peaks” the online giant decides to share in the leadup to Black Friday.
On Nov. 6, we received an email listing the deals Amazon will offer the entire WEEK of Black Friday. This is earlier than we received any deal intel in 2018. And the prices prove how deeply discounted Echo, Fire and Kindle products will be this year.
Amazon’s 2019 Black Friday deals are a mix of discounts we totally expected, prices we saw on Prime Day and some of the first discounts we’ve seen on the new line of products Amazon released this year. Highlights include a 40% discount on the newest Echo Dot (with LED display) and a great discount on the newest Echo smart speaker.
The Amazon Black Friday sale, like it did last year, will run about a week. Amazon, like many retailers, is stretching the concept of a sale “day,” (Prime Day was two days long this year). This also reflects the overall trend of retailers lengthening Black Friday sales into longer Cyber Week affairs.
Amazon Black Friday sale hours
This year, deals start Nov. 22 (no official kickoff time was shared) and will continue through Thanksgiving. Note that select deals start on specific days and may sell out. So be ready to shop as soon as the deal on the item you covet goes live. Need help? Ask your Alexa-enabled device, “Alexa, what are my deals?” to get a list of the day’s discounts.
Amazon Black Friday 2019 deal highlights
Amazon will likely announce more deals as the big day approaches. For now, check out the savings on its family of devices (note that these prices won’t be available until the deals go live):
Starting November 22:
This is the day to buy tablets.
- Fire HD 8 is $30 off – just $49.99: This price has held steady on Black Friday for several years and is not a surprise.
- Fire HD 8 Kids Edition is $50 off – just $79.99
- Fire 7 Tablet is $20 off – just $29.99: Another Black Friday staple, this tablet has been at this price several Black Fridays running.
- Fire 7 Kids Edition is $40 off – just $59.99
- Fire HD 10 Tablet is $50 off – $99.99: This also matches the low price Target will offer on Black Friday.
- Kindle Paperwhite is $45 off – just $84.99
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro + Echo Show 5 bundle is $149.99 off – just $189.00: Note that the Echo Show 5 will be under $50 on Black Friday at Target and Kohl’s and at Amazon on Thanksgiving. But this bundle is great if you actually want both these devices.
Starting November 24:
This is the day to shop for Fire TV products
- Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote is $25 off – just $24.99: This matches the Prime Day price
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote is $20 off – just $19.99
- Fire TV Cube is $30 off – just $89.99
Starting November 27:
On this day, shop for smart home security.
- Blink XT2 3 Camera Kit is $65 off – just $184.99
- Ring indoor cam 2 pack is $40 off, just $99.99
- Amazon Smart Plug is $20 off – just $4.99 when purchased as a bundle with Echo Dot, Echo Dot with Clock, Echo, Echo Show 5, or Echo Studio
Starting November 28:
This is the day to buy smart speakers.
- Echo Dot with clock is $25 off – just $34.99: This brand-new, handy device is about $5 lower than we predicted it would be! With an LED clock disply, you’ll never have to ask, “Alexa, what time is it?” again.
- Echo Dot is $27.99 off – just $22.00: We’re seeing the same price at Kohl’s and Target for Black Friday
- Echo Auto is $20 off – just $29.99
- Echo (3rd gen) is $40 off – just $59.99: Yes, the Prime Day price was lower on the Echo. But that was the old version. This version has been improved for better sound and got an “Excellent” rating from PCMag.
- Echo Show 5 is $40 off – just $49.99: We’re also seeing this Black Friday pricing from Kohl’s and Target.
- Echo Show is $80 off – just $149.99
By KRISTIN MCGRATH